As you know from a previous post, I have the Yarn Shop One Skein Wonders and Designers One Skein Wonders books. These books are great but, they are mainly for knitting. Yes, they did feature a few crochet patterns here and there but, the book’s focus was knitting. My sister, Alison, even commented that it would be nice if they had a Crochet One Skein Wonder. Well, they answered her call. When I saw on Amazon that this book was coming, I was kinda excited.
So, I checked out my local bookstore but, they didn’t have it. They told me to check back in 3 days, which I did. Then, they told me that they won’t be carrying it. So, I was preparing to order it from Amazon but, about a week later I happen to be in the Bookstore again. And when I wasn’t even looking for the book there it was!! So, I grabbed it and bought it 😉
Surprisingly, I have not made anything from the book yet. Usually, I am quick to pick up small projects. And I even ordered some lace yarn from Knit Picks to make the Shell Net Cowl. But, I have yet to get to it. Moving on the review…
1. Beautiful photos with unique arrangement of the items.
2. Love the layout. It is in order by section from thread to super bulky.
3. There are versatile projects such as scarves, hats, jewelry, purses, baby wear, and so much more.
4. There are 101 patterns!!!
1. The books does not feel that sturdy. I feel that with continued use it will begin to split in the middle.
2. I like amigurumi but, I felt there was a bit too much of it.
Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who has a love for crochet–from the beginner to the more experienced. Check out a few of my favorite patterns from the book below: