Making Progress on the Bunnies…

IMG_8241[1]

Well, today I finally finished all the parts for the bunnies that I am making for charity. Now, I just need to stuff, assemble, and then embroider the face.

While working on the red bunny’s parts I ran out of yarn. I then joined some more yarn and noticed that the shade was off and that the yarn was thicker. I then realized that I had been working with Red Heart Sport yarn in Vermillion and not the Red Heart Super Saver in Burgundy. So, I literally raided my stash searching for another skein of the Red Heart Sport in Vermillion. (OAN: I didn’t realize how much yarn I had.) But, I did not find it. By that point, I had finished the head, the body, and 1 ear of the bunny. I started thinking of just starting over in the Red Heart Super Saver in burgundy but, I really did not feel like it. So, then an idea popped in my head! I remembered this top that I had made out of the exact same dye lots of the Red Heart Sport. I never wear this top because it fit kinda big and once I would sit down it looked horribly rumpled when I stood up. So, I ripped it! Now I had the yarn I needed and the problem was solved. So, if you look closely at the picture, you will notice that the red bunny is slightly smaller than the green and purple bunny.

The bunnies’ tails are showing up as white in the picture but, they are actually the light grey in Red Heart Super Saver. I am thinking of doing black eyes and a deep grey nose.

I’ll do a post on the finished products before they go to their new homes.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s