I have been working diligently on my outfit for the Outfit Along. Last week I underlined my dress and begin sewing on Friday. The dress was completed on Saturday. And I actually wore it to church on Sunday. I actually received a few compliments on the dress.
I forgot how long the bodice takes to work up on Simplicity 1803 (especially compared to Simplicity 2444); however, I really like the shaping that the princess seams provides with this bodice.
Once the dress was finished, then I decided it was time to give my Anaheim cardigan more attention. That has been my sole knitting project this week. I did have a mishap at the underarm CO and waist shaping section. In this part, the instructions tells me to include the stitch pattern as it fits. Well, I didn’t include it where it fit on one side and there was more stockinette than lace. I thought that it wouldn’t bother me and kept working. However, the more I looked at it, the more I hated it. So, I had to rip back 6 rows in the body. That was a pain. Ripping back lacework is no fun. But, I did it and it all worked out beautifully. I am so happy that I decided to fix that mistake.
I look forward to wearing this cardigan with my finished dress and will be sure to share the final images with you all.