Finished Object: Henriette

This past Sunday, I completed my Henriette cardigan. I am pretty pleased with the end result. This is a pattern by Andi Satterlund that was released in Fall of 2014. When I saw her swatches and her WIP pics, I knew this cardigan had to be a part of my wardrobe. I do like the color, but I feel like I have to be extra careful not to stain it. Today was my first day wearing it. I must admit that I only brought it along for chilly buildings. I definitely shed it when outside. This cardigan is made with bulky weight alpaca¬†and it is not conducive to the 80 degree weather we are having in North Carolina. And considering I walk everywhere, it’s just not a good idea to wear it outdoors.

This is not a mindless knit. It does take some concentration (and careful note taking). There were a couple of times that I had to rip back some rows due to mistakes. But, they were easily fixed. Also, I wasn’t sure how the cardigan was going to turn out. Everything was bunched when knitting it up. It was worked from the bottom up, so I couldn’t try it on until the very end. Also, the button band looked wonky because it stood up weirdly. Once I blocked it all out, everything¬†came together beautifully.

I made the XS size because Andi suggests 1-3 inches of negative ease for this cardigan.

Also, I did not use 3/4” buttons as recommended. My buttons are 1”. They were in my button stash and they worked out perfectly. I like them.

Details:

Yarn – Berocco Ultra Alpaca Chunky

Color – Winter White

Needle – Size 9 (5.5 mm)

Level – Intermediate

Size – XS (29)

DSCN1148 (2) DSCN1150 (2) DSCN1151 (2) DSCN1158 (2) DSCN1163 (2) DSCN1166

OAN: Me Made May 2015 is underway. Expect a post tomorrow documenting my first week.

Advertisements