Making Progress on the Bunnies…

IMG_8241[1]

Well, today I finally finished all the parts for the bunnies that I am making for charity. Now, I just need to stuff, assemble, and then embroider the face.

While working on the red bunny’s parts I ran out of yarn. I then joined some more yarn and noticed that the shade was off and that the yarn was thicker. I then realized that I had been working with Red Heart Sport yarn in Vermillion and not the Red Heart Super Saver in Burgundy. So, I literally raided my stash searching for another skein of the Red Heart Sport in Vermillion. (OAN: I didn’t realize how much yarn I had.) But, I did not find it. By that point, I had finished the head, the body, and 1 ear of the bunny. I started thinking of just starting over in the Red Heart Super Saver in burgundy but, I really did not feel like it. So, then an idea popped in my head! I remembered this top that I had made out of the exact same dye lots of the Red Heart Sport. I never wear this top because it fit kinda big and once I would sit down it looked horribly rumpled when I stood up. So, I ripped it! Now I had the yarn I needed and the problem was solved. So, if you look closely at the picture, you will notice that the red bunny is slightly smaller than the green and purple bunny.

The bunnies’ tails are showing up as white in the picture but, they are actually the light grey in Red Heart Super Saver. I am thinking of doing black eyes and a deep grey nose.

I’ll do a post on the finished products before they go to their new homes.

Advertisements

Finished Object: Chevron Lace Cardigan

Cardigan with I-Cord

I crocheted this cardigan back in January and it worked up extremely fast. I finished it in about 2 days. I love the simplicity of this pattern and its great for when you want to quickly make a nice yet, functional cardigan.

Yarn Used: Red Heart Sport in Paddy Green

Hook Used: 6.0 mm/J Hook

This was my first time trying out this pattern so, it worked out fine. Of course, when I made the second version in white I modified it a bit. I used a size I hook for the sleeves and I kind of winged the sleeves to follow the pattern of the body portion. The sleeve instructions weren’t the best but, it wasn’t difficult to adjust. Also, the reason I went down a hook size on the sleeves was because I wanted more of a fitted look on the arms. You will notice that the sleeves kind of flare out in this green version.

The other change I made to this pattern was crocheting an i-cord to weave in under the bust area. I wanted more of a fitted look that would compliment my dresses.  The tutorial for crocheting an I-cord can be found here

Overall, I am very pleased with how this turned out.

Back View
Closer Shot of I-cord
If you are a member of Ravelry (It’s Free) then, you can get this pattern for free HERE.