In the past, I had issues when I first created this dress. My problems and solutions to those problems can be found in this past post. Despite the problems, I still really liked the dress and it is one of my most worn dresses in my closet. Therefore, I thought it was about time to recreate another Simplicity 2444.
The fabric was bought and cut over a year ago, but it sat in my stash just waiting to be sewn. So this past Saturday, I made it my business to finish this dress. I am so happy that I did! 😀 I made the same adjustments that I made to the previous dress by letting out the side seam allowance to 1/4” and not bringing in the back pleats/darts in as much. The fit is exactly how I like it.
The fabric used is actually this corduroy that I found at Joann’s. I bought it with the intention of it being a staple autumn/winter dress. Of course, I plan on wearing it other times of the year. In fact, I just wore it this past Sunday. 😉 I really enjoyed working with corduroy and want to make another dress in corduroy and a pair of pedal pushers in red corduroy. The fabric has a nice volume/substance and it presses so well.
The pleats turned out alright and I know I could have done a better job. However, that is such a minor thing compare to the overall dress.
I just purchased a new Simplicity 2444 and want to sew it up 2 sizes. Because I cut out a size 4, that ended my chance of sewing a larger size. With this new pattern, I hope to avoid having to make those adjustments. Also, it was on sale for only $5!