Finished Object: Bunnies

Well, this past Friday I finished all the bunnies that I had been working on. They will be donated to hospitalized children this Saturday. I am really pleased with the outcome.

This was a very simple pattern from Issue 2 of Simply Crochet. I used Red Heart Sport in Vermillion for the Red bunny. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Paddy Green and Amethyst for the green and purple bunnies. Their tails were made with Red Heart Super Saver in Light Grey. The eyes and nose were embroidered with scrap yarn of Red Heart Super Saver.

The hook size used was 4.5 mm. If I were to make them again, I would go down a hook size to avoid the stuffing peeping through.

I had planned on sewing little vests for them but, the deadline date was pushed up. Therefore, I decided to just adorn these bow ribbons that I had purchased from Hobby Lobby a few years ago.

Overall, I am pleased with the results.

IMG_8324[1] IMG_8325[1] IMG_8326[1]

Advertisements

Making Progress on the Bunnies…

IMG_8241[1]

Well, today I finally finished all the parts for the bunnies that I am making for charity. Now, I just need to stuff, assemble, and then embroider the face.

While working on the red bunny’s parts I ran out of yarn. I then joined some more yarn and noticed that the shade was off and that the yarn was thicker. I then realized that I had been working with Red Heart Sport yarn in Vermillion and not the Red Heart Super Saver in Burgundy. So, I literally raided my stash searching for another skein of the Red Heart Sport in Vermillion. (OAN: I didn’t realize how much yarn I had.) But, I did not find it. By that point, I had finished the head, the body, and 1 ear of the bunny. I started thinking of just starting over in the Red Heart Super Saver in burgundy but, I really did not feel like it. So, then an idea popped in my head! I remembered this top that I had made out of the exact same dye lots of the Red Heart Sport. I never wear this top because it fit kinda big and once I would sit down it looked horribly rumpled when I stood up. So, I ripped it! Now I had the yarn I needed and the problem was solved. So, if you look closely at the picture, you will notice that the red bunny is slightly smaller than the green and purple bunny.

The bunnies’ tails are showing up as white in the picture but, they are actually the light grey in Red Heart Super Saver. I am thinking of doing black eyes and a deep grey nose.

I’ll do a post on the finished products before they go to their new homes.